Well-being Support at UHS during COVID19 and Beyond
Upcoming Events for the UHS Parent & Caregiver Community:
In place of scheduling live events, Lindsay and Corinne created a podcast, UHS Health & Wellness Spotlight, which features conversations about health and wellness topics that are relevant to the UHS community. The podcast recordings and other health/wellness resources, specifically designed for our school community, can be found in this folder.
- Emotional Well-Being and Coping During COVID19 by UCSF Weill Institute for Neurosciences & UCSF Department of Psychiatry
- Psychologist, Lisa Damour’s work including the Teens In Lockdown podcast or this article, Helping Teens Make Room for Uncomfortable Emotions
- Together Apart podcast: the episode, What’s the Point of a Birthday Anyway? is particularly relevant for seniors, and of course, anyone having a birthday in quarantine.
- Psychotherapist, Esther Perel’s piece: We’re All Grieving. This is How We Get Through It
- Zoom has become a necessary medium for distance learning and yet, the fatigue that it may trigger is real for many. Here is an article about the experience and some suggestions on how to respond to it.